There are two groups of home buyers: future owners-occupiers and real estate investors searching for next venture. They both assess the property and look at it with very specific list of things. And evaluate the potential of a house. So what do they really want? Read on, then take a walk around your house and look at deal breakers with buyer’s hat on, before and after you did some renovations to increase it’s value. Eliminate negative impression and take their expectations one step further!
In the hot property market full of hungry sharks (they have those in Australia, right?) they only had 20k to start and one good lead. Today they are one of the most recognizable service provides, staging high-end houses for celebrities in Melbourne. They most recently started to teach their own workshop for stylists and just last week announced collaboration with Dulux paints as their ambassadors for white paints: Natural White and Lexicon. They lead the way in this tough industry with 16 people team. I was lucky to catch one of two, Amy Chamberlain, in their busy schedule to share some insights on how to show guts and build profitable staging company from scratch. Their story is as amazing as their personalities!
Branding is about telling a story. Who you are, what sets you apart. Not only with words. And as often undermined, perfectly planned is the ground-breaking for success by the biggest.
When it comes to Fantastic Frank, words like revolutionary, market leader or trend-setter are just about right. In real estate world, they are as Americans say “something else”. It all starts with philosophy that shifts the focus to the lifestyle and design of the place for sale.
Photos of the properties that were in FF inventory have been shared on websites, blogs, in books and magazines. The agency itself spent entire year working extensively on social media.
Everybody knows IKEA. Whether you like it or not you can’t deny chain’s clever openness to hacks and products’ customization. One of such companies is Bemz. Its story starts…in Canada. The founder & CEO, Lesley Pennington, is a graduate of Fine Art and Art History from University of Toronto. With Apple’s work experience in Silicon Valley, and after moving to Sweden and falling in love with the lifestyle, she had a brilliant idea. IKEA market is practically all over the world. But its designs, however stylish and inexpensive, quickly lose unique character. So what do you do to your old sofa to give it second life (and respect the environment at the same time)?
– an interview with professional real estate photographer Matthew Stallone from Stallone Media
I’ve got to know Matthew’s work browsing one of real estate agent’s Instagram account. He caught my attention when I saw his post educating his followers on consequences when some agents just let go and take their photos themselves. It made me think what quality marketing means and how it changes everything. He’s one of the best listing photographers in GTA working with big agents. And he was very open to my idea of talking about real estate photography and… a bit about staging.
Here’s what you can expect:
- what is the best time of the day to take listing photos?
- do all the lights have to be switched on during photoshoot and what to watch out in terms of light?
- what is HDR photography and is it better than Flash photography?
- how can you tell if the photographer you’re hiring is really good?
- what is video production and why would you use it?
- how did he start and how he marketed his business?
- do you need photos that are shot with wide angle lens?
- who manages his social media and which channel is the biggest hit?
- what he thinks about running a real estate business?
- what’s the difference between European and American real estate photography?
- is low commission a good marketing idea?